Wednesday 4 October 2023

Tuesday 3rd October 2023

A day of rain and frustration.

And my last full day in Denmark too.

The rain fell hard most of the night, and there were even rumbles of thunder at dawn, and with me on the seventh floor, made it seem closer than I'd like.

I slept in to seven fifteen, so went down to breakfast at eight, had a lazy meal and an extra coffee, back to the room to fire up the laptop and write my report.

Only the laptop did not accept my code to log on, or the system didn't. I tried and tried. But failed. And on top of that, the authenticator app on the mobile is broken and won't let me use Outlook or Teams on that either.

I wrote my notes up as best I could, sent them as a Word document, and that was that.

No point in going anywhere, the rain fell if anything, harder.

I read, listened to music, wrote, and snoozed.

But at three with the rain easing, I walked up to Dronning Louise for an early dinner. Calling in at the beer shop, but realising my case had enough glass bottles of beer and chilli sauce in it, I just looked.

Two hundred and seventy six And drooled.

I had burger and fries in the bar, and read more of The Full English as I sup from a second beer.

Outside the rain is falling hard again. I'd better have a third beer, but I am bloated, and when it eases raining some, I make a dash for it, walking as quick as I could down the high street back to the hotel, though still pretty wet by the time I arrive back.

In my room, I strip off my wet things, and outside the rain falls still.

Welcome to Denmark.

No comments: