Thursday 2 May 2024

Wednesday 1st May 2024

Wednesday.

And amazingly, a day with no football on the tellybox.

OK, there was WSL on Sky and Champion's League on TNT Sport, but I don't have the latter and really have much interest in the WSL. Not that I am saying I shouldn't, but there is only so much football you can watch.

One hundred and twenty two Yeah, who knew?

So, a quiet evening was planned.

And there was work, I woke up just as Jools was getting ready to go to work, so I came down and made my own coffee, while she got dressed and made ready to leave.

Menage a troi I played hooky from work.

There are things happening, which I can't say, but for the time being, I took the day off, expecting a call which never came through the morning, so I caught up with podcasts and fixed issues with a subscription and by lunchtime, after eating oatcakes, I put on my shoes and went for a walk.

We have lungs now! My knee was tender, but not too bad, so I would judge at various points whether to press on or return home via the quickest route.

Back to Windy Ridge Over the fields to hunt butterflies, then back down Collingwood to where the lane branches off down and then up to Windy Ridge.

Back to Windy Ridge I was doing OK, so turned down the hill, and at the bottom saw a Peacock, tatty, but bright enough, basking. So I grabbed a shot before climbing up to the top track, Green Lane, at Windy Ridge, then turn west to make for Station Road.

Back to Windy Ridge I saw a group of three Holly Blues getting jiggy with it, and plenty of wild flowers in bloom. Good news was that the recent rains had drained, and there was only mud in two places, and i got through, making it to the road.

Back to Windy Ridge I crossed over to walk against the traffic, then crossed back when the pavement started, by now the hill had begun to was easy going back to home where Scully was in the front garden, waiting.

Back to Windy Ridge MEOW!

We sat in the garden a while, then I fed her and poured myself a glass of squash, and sat down to watch the birds at the feeder.

For dinner I rustled up butterfly lamb chops, stir fry and Moroccan spiced rice for dinner, which was rather good. And to follow we had a Twix each with a last coffee of the day.

No comments: