Thursday 9 May 2024

Wednesday 8th May 2024

For some reason, I'm feeling rather flat at the moment.

I should be pumped up by what happened on Tuesday, but that victory feels hollow.

I don't know, can't explain.

Anyway, Wednesday was supposed to be hot and sunny, but after a dramatic dawn, the sky clouded over and refused to clear until well into the afternoon.

Jools went to work and the cats settled down. And with my two European based colleagues on long trips away, I don't have many folks to speak to, so maybe that's the cause of my malaise.

I had to stay in for the afternoon, as there was a delivery. When we ordered the last lot of wine, Jools thought she had signed up for free delivery for a year, but instead set up a repeat order, and by the time we realised, the box was on its way to Chez Jelltex.

One hundred and twenty nine So, I had to stay in to wait for that, and once that was delivered, sat on the patio in the warm sun for an hour to decompress, watching the birds and butterflies

I rustled up something for dinner: chicken Kyiv, Moroccan spiced rice and sweet chilli stir fry.

A lot of flavours.

We had run out of honey, so searching at the back of the larder, I came across a jar of dandelion jelly that smelt like honey, so put that in, and came out as another triumph.

More football in the evening, on the tellybox and on the radio. I sat with Scully on the sofa and the evening slipped by.

No comments: