Monday 9 February 2009

It all Happened

Yes, today was the day when all the legal wheels and stuff reached the end of their tracks, and indeed just before midday I got the call from our solicitor that all monies had been transeferred, confirmation had been recieved; and indeed, the house was our.First thing this morning was to round the cats up to put them in the cattery for a couple of days just so we didn't have to worry about them. Jools got up on autopilot and put Molly out after breakfast.

And so everything was put on hold until she came in, and as feline twentieth sense kicked in and she knew there was something odd happening. A rustle of the bag of her favourite treats swung it in my favour; and as soon as she was in the house and in the kitchen; all doors closed and the basket ready.The other two were already in confinement in the bedroom, and in the baskets with them, and out into the wilds of deepest Kent to drop them off.

Rush back here and find out the expected chain of events from our solicitor, and then wait.

And wait some more.

As a little light effect, BT showed that they have not improved since I last used them as my phone company, as they rang to triumphantly tell me thay had arranged the phone and broadband; at my old house in Suffolk!

Oh, how I laughed. In an ironic way of course.

The phone rang again before lunch, the money had been transferred, jut have to wait some more. And half an hour later, all confirmed. Ring up the estate agent; and the seller has not moved out yet!

More waiting.

And at half one I got to pick up the keys from the agents office; and that was it.I went to the house, checked everything out and wait for the carpet fitters as we wanted the bedroom carpet replaced before we move in. That done, all is set for tomorrow.

How wonderful.

Even BT chipped in with that the order had gone through, with a fifth change of phone number in two days; and it could change again. But they promised me, crossing their heart that this was it, they had it sorted.

We shall see.

But that does mean that we will be offline for a week, which will mean I will not be sidetracked by MD or Flickr, and might actually get some work done.

I have checked, and the small cupboard in the living room is the perfect size for wine, and I reckon that I could get 50 of them in there! And there's a shelf above for the whisky.

I have arranged Sky TV, which will mean football by the weekend, and something to divert my attention! Maybe.

But, it all seems to be arranged, and tomorrow is the big day; the move. There's a man with a van and a friend coming to help, and I hope to have broken the back of it by mid-afternoon. But we shall see.So, until next time, this is jelltex signing off

.Nanu, nanu.

phzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: