Saturday 28 February 2009

Jelltex Vs. the Christian Party

It all began last year when uber-atheist Richard Dawking paid for an advertisement on a bus stating that God PROBABLY does not exist, but carry on and enjoy your life. This to me was fair, he did not say for certain.

However, a couple of weeks ago, a political organisation called The Christian party did a bus ad as well, but in theirs it says that God defiantly does exist, so carry on and enjoy yourself.
Piqued, I wrote to the ASA, the advertising standards agency in the UK, saying that this was a bold claim and should not be allowed.

It seems that political advertising does not have to adhere to the usual rules and regulations and the ASA can’t intervene in political advertising. But then I guess that is why it was done as a political advert, just to get round these rules. But, as I have said before, I am still waiting for proof.

No comments: