Wednesday 4 February 2009

The Latest News

I have kept quiet about news of the house move an all that.

There was a couple of technical problems and it hung in the balance for many days. We have not known whether we had the house or not, and with each passing day I was running out of time before I started the new job. I am quite calm about it, or thought I was; Jools was more upset by the delays, and it came down to the fact that either we move in next week or never.

Anyway, we got the news this afternoon that all problems had been sorted out, the latest being that either one or both of the fax machiens were broken in our solicitors or the mortgage company's. But that is fixed;And we have the house!

It's more of a relief than a moment of triumph to be honest. We should move next Tuesday, hopefully. And only now is the scale of what we are going to have to do. All the people to let know, organise this, that and the other.

But for now, relax. There are two bottles of champagne in the fridge for this moment. We may go out for dinner tonight, or we might have the pasta thing I threw together.

But we're moving, baby!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I'm so happy to find your blog here. I always loved your writing (in that other place) about the places you worked, and visited, and live, but the photographs make it magical. Looking forward to more.

('Twas Marcy's award to you that brought me here..)