Friday 31 July 2009

To blog or not to blog

I have been writing down random thoughts since November 2006, when I embarked on my life at sea. Since then I have posted those on myspace and on of all things, a dating site called Matchdoctor. As time went by I got very bored with myspace, but the friends I made through blogging kept me on the latter site. And then politics and religion got in the way; name calling and those who shout the loudest; friends left, the fun left. And in the end I found I was enjoying writing on here more because at least I could post pictures at the same time as writing.
It was to be just a matter of time before I left Matchdoctor, and that time has now come, although my account is till active, I will use it just for mails to and from friends.

I don't claim to be a wordsmith or anything, but in the nearly three years I have been doing this, I have enjoyed writing, and hope to continue through whatever life may bring.

And so, another phase of my life is about to begin, new challenges and people to meet. Hopefully you will join me along to way. If not then at least it gives me something to read in my fast approaching dotage.

No comments: