Thursday 15 October 2009

Adventures in the world of boxes

I am guessing that my time in the world of boxes is coming to an end. Orders are coming to an end, and so I look at the sometimes dwindling numbers of temporary workers and realise that as less of them are required I will not be required either.

But for now we work away, making boxes for various clients of boxes of wonderful design and much difficulty to make. And sometimes upsetting team leaders when I reject their work and they have to sort through what they have made. This does not happen often, but happen it does, and each of them reacts differently; Tina is still not speaking to me after rejecting what she was making nine days ago. Every cloud has a silver lining!

I feel like I am fitting in; I am making friends and an impression; shouted football related insults are thrown now they know I am a Norwich supporter, bits of detail on local history are swapped, and potential photographic trips are suggested.

We are so busy the day flies, as we now do half an hour less and have to squeeze the same work in.

I am at least on holiday from next Tuesday evening, and my friend, Andrew, is coming down to visit us for a week. We hope to head off to Wembley in ten days time to see the NFL game, which will be wonderful. It will be good to meet up with Andrew again, as he lost his Father and Grandmother this year, as well as having some money troubles too.

That I have been at the box factory long enough to get 5 days off is thought-provoking enough, but one thing for sure, I will enjoy seven box-free days.

The light this evening was wonderful again. We stopped on the top of the cliffs to take the scene in; The Channel, the boats, Calais in the distance, and the tops of cranes and oil tanks sticking above the horizon to the north of Calais; we have not seen those before.

You may be bored with the tales of the Channel and seeing Calais; it thrills us every time.

No comments: