Saturday 10 October 2009

Nan update:

Well, the news is pretty good. She is out of hospital and in a convalescent home in Dover. She is still unsure about things and maybe is cloudy on details in general; but I think after bouncing down a flight of stairs, that is not bad.

Our relief is huge of course; doubly so as it happened here. Proof that sometimes miracles do happen.

I have a heavy cold right now, and so am taking things easy today. We did do the Tesco thing this morning, and then head into town afterwards to run some chores. I have prepared the lamb and chicken for dinner tonight, and this afternoon I have peeled 12 pounds of onions ready for pickling them tomorrow and made a batch of saffron buns as well.

We were due to go to the cinema this evening to see District 9, but I really don't feel up to it as I have not been sleeping very well; maybe tomorrow.

So, and evening of football as England play in Ukraine tonight; it's not on TV at all! and then watch Ireland play Italy if I stay awake, and even later is the promise of Peru vs Argentina, which if Maradona's team lose means they probably won't be going to the World Cup Finals next summer. Still, got to laugh.

No comments: