Tuesday 19 April 2011

Tuesday 19th April 2011

Tuesday, and half past week. And the 19th April is the date I started with Vestas last year, what seems life a lifetime ago. Both Vestas and I have come a long way; initially distrustful, we now seem to be deeply in love and getting on like a house on fire.
I remember those first weeks, months even, when I really didn't know what I should be doing, or how I should be doing it, attending weekly meetings with nothing to show for what I had been doing.

And then it clicked, and I haven't really looked back.

So, we are both looking forward to a glorious future building turbines as far as the eye can see, producing cheap, renewable electricity. That's the plan, anyways.

Half past week as I say, as Friday is a holiday; Good Friday of course. And the first day of a four day weekend, and the first of two four day weekends back to back. We are so lucky!

Work is quiet; most in Denmark began their vacation last week; which is why I had to fly Ryanair, as just about every Dane was heading for somewhere else. So, I get stuff doen, go over figures all the time whils the radio burbles in the background. Its not bad, really.

Hopefully, we will go for a walk this evening, as it is glorious in England right now, more than ten degrees about normal April temperatures, and wall to wall glorious sunshine. It really is good to be alive.

We watched the full moon rise over the village last night, through the boughs of our tree in the back garden. It was bright red turning to yellow as it climbed higher. We can track the seasons with the waxing and waning of the moon and as the rising sun appears each morning further and further east. I never noticed these things before.

So, nearly time to go home, driving into the setting sun and meet Jools off the bus. Life is, indeed, still good my friends.

No comments: