Friday 27 January 2012

Friday 27th January 2012

The one thing I did miss out on my previous post was the state of the job. And whether I still have one.

I do, for now. Deadlines come and go, with the promise of announcements and some clarity.

We were told that with the president leaving, we would have to wait for the FNG to come in; this happened yesterday, and those of us who could, watched a telecast of his speech in which he said not a lot. He can’t really, it was his first day, and my head spun on my first day, hell, first six months and I was just dealing with NCRs (don’t ask) and he has the multi-national company to look after.

Seems like a nice bloke; not German and still intends to live in Germany although the company is based in wonderful un-German Denmark.

There are rumours, of course. And semi-official ones at that; but nothing worth pinning one’s hopes on. I do feel my boss is honest, and he tells me all of what he knows, and I trust him. Which is more, much more, that could be said of most of the people I have worked under since I was a dole boy back in the early 80s.

So, no real change for now, but there might be some announcement on February 1st.

Or not.

And that really is all for now; the weather still seems very mild. In the garden birds are checking out the nest boxes, spring flowers are nearly in bloom and it is getting light when I leave the house in the mornings for work.

This weekend we are away; heading to Loughborough for a weekend of steam trains and photography for me and a hunt for a bead shop for Jools, and just a weekend away. Should be nice, no rain forecast, and ten different steam locomotives to snap in one place.

1 comment:

jelltex said...

Announcement may now be the 8th.

*sigh*