Saturday 7 January 2012

Saturday 7th January 2012

And it's Saturday lunchtime.

I have just popped a batch of mince pies in the oven, Fighting talk is on the radio. Outside, it isn't raining, but neither is it the wall to wall sunshine the BBC website promised.
I went out early this morning for a haircut, I have been putting it off for weeks. I know I should be happy that at the ripe old age of 46 I actually have hair that needs cutting. But, I do, nothing I can do about it, other than have as much of it cut off I can.

It has only been a four day week at work, and I only went into the office for two days due to the noise and being impossible to hear anyone on the phone. There are better reasons for working from home, I'm sure, but this is the only one I have. So, I get to lay in bed for an extra half hour whilst Jools gets ready, then get up, make a pot of coffee and power the work laptop up and settle down for a day at the keyboard, only to be disturbed by the occasional cat demanding food or attention.Or both.

Talking of work, this coming Thursday, my company is to make another announcement about reorganisation and more redundancies. Nothing is impossible, and so we are kind of ignoring this date and its implications, but it does feel like we are trading water waiting for what Thursday might bring.

I could lose my job, i might not; I really don't know what is going to happen. On the surface all should be well with two big orders already signed and sealed, but you never know what might happen.

Apart from that, it has been wall to wall football on TV; Man Utd and Man City both managed to lose; United twice but City once. I guess we should be thankful that it is interesting. On the radio I listened to Norwich win at QPR and move back up to 9th with 25 points. Still waiting for the bubble to burst.

And that really is it for the week. Nothing exciting, no pictures, just the FA cup 3rd round this afternoon and mince pies fresh from the oven.

Cheers.

No comments: