Thursday 12 January 2012

Thursday 12th January 2012

Good evening.

And the news for todays is that the sword is still swinging. Or maybe not.

Today was the day of the big announcement of the reorganisation in the company. Only many details have yet to be agreed; and so we will wait some more. All in all it what we should have expected to be honest, but in the end, we all just want to know. Anyway, my boss has always been fair with me, and so I am sure he will keep me informed. We have already talked, and so I am convinced that he knows as much as do.

Well, hopefully, he knows more than me, but then again.

So, let’s deal with other stuff:

This week we had an item of exercise equipment delivered. I had to work from home on Tuesday, and just when I had given up the truck pulled up. So, the guy drags a box, which looked worryingly heavy from the back of the truck and asked if could give him a hand and carry it with him to the house. And my gosh, it was heavy. 85Kg heavy it turned out.
We get it into the house, I sign the paper, and he rushes off; leaving me pondering how we are going to get it up the stairs to the spare bedroom. In the end we open the box and take each part up, and in a while it was all in the bedroom, including the mechanism, which must have weighed well over half that weight, which we just got to the top of the stairs.

Richborough

And Wednesday night was the evening of the great assembly. And low did we gather each and every part and compare them to the drawings on the instructions, and verily did we put tab A into slot B. And so on. And by half six it was done; all except the control panel which the designers have made next to impossible to attach the four tiniest screws into holes which you cannot see and cannot locate without looking.
We shall return to this tonight when we may actually get to use it, if I have connected all the wires correctly.

And in cat news; Scully went missing for over a day. No sign at all. Although we go to work for eight hours, and she could have returned during those hours, she wasn’t there at dinner or breakfast. But turned up on Tuesday evening, and has been back to her normal loving self. All in all, all is well in cat world, well, apart from the mice being brought in. It was bound to happened that I would miss one, and sure enough I dropped one little mouse and saw it scuttling towards the book shelf. And it must have gone elsewhere, as no cats are sitting staring at random bits of furniture, which usually indicates the presence of a hidden mouse.

Pegwell Bay

For another week the weather has been crazy; springlike temperatures have meant that the grass and spring bulbs are growing fast. Some days the temperatures have gotten to 15 degrees, and warm enough most days to wander around with no coat on. It may cool down this weekend, but at least it is now mostly light when I drive home, and last night I was treated to a stunning sunset as I drove home, but as I had not known beforehand, my cameras were sat at home. I’m not making the same mistake today, as the sunrise was glorious, but I was stuck at the computer looking at the presentation over the reorganisation.

In the end, tonight's sunset wasn't a patch on yesterday's, due to the shower we had this afternoon washed the dust out of the atmosphere; I have hope for tomorrow's though, after a long, sunny day it might just be great.

Molly

No comments: