Friday 17 February 2012

Friday 17th February 2012

So for the second time in two weeks I was told my job is safe. Now, this should be a cause for celebration, but what with the revolving door at the top level of management, this situation could change several times between now and the end of the month. We still have no president, but we are assured the hunt is on for one, which is nice. As far was work is concerned, not much else to report, most of time I go into the office, sometimes I work from home. Working from home is nice, however swapping noisy technicians for noisy and demanding cats is a close call. On the whole, being able to lay in bed another three quarters of an hour, endless cups of proper coffee and the view out of the windows means working from home just about gets the vote.

The cold weather broke on Sunday, and we are back to dull, if warm-ish days; just about light on the way into and back from work. In fact it is light until about half five now, we’ll soon be able to go for a walk after work again. Until then there is the cross-trainer. I can’t lie, it has been hard at times, and I am not up to 20 minutes as yet, but nudging up towards 15 minutes. And now, at least, after a session, I don’t feel like I’m about to die.

Which is nice.

I’ll be honest, there has been a lot of football on TV this week. I’m sure Jools would say there’s a lot of football on TV all the time. But, Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the Manc clubs in the Europa League yesterday. I won’t lie, you can have too much football, and for that reason I don’t really watch Europa League of League Cup games, so to do something else with my evenings. And this week it’s the FA Cup; more football on TV, but half of it is on ESPN, which we don’t have, but then there’s always the radio.

So, this week, we booked up the ferries for our trip to Germany in May. Thirty quid each way on the ferry as opposed to £150 or something on the tunnel. We’ll take the ferry! So, we have trips to Germany (five days) and Yorkshire booked now, and plenty to look forward to so to make work a little more enjoyable.

So, have a good weekend and see you next week!

No comments: