Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday 5th January 2012

This is a true story. And happened this morning....

We came down stairs this morning to find books off the shelves and Mulder staring at the bookshelf. Could only mean one thing; a mouse. So, I check behind the shelf where the books had partially been knocked off; no mouse.
I check the shelf next to that one, and as I move the final book, there he is. And he runs for me.
The mouse heads for what he thinks is the darkest, safest place, which turns out to be the sleeve of my dressing gown.

I kid you not.

For a moment I thought the bugger had run beneath me, and I looked round, only to feel Mr. Mouse at my elbow. I gather up the sleeve into a bunch so to keep the mouse where he is, but as I walk to the door, though two very excited cats, he is making for my hand and freedom.
I get to the front door as his nose breaks cover, and as I open the door he jumps for it, and lands in the snow and scampers off.

You really could not make it up.

No comments: