Wednesday 3 October 2012

Wednesday 3rd October 2012

What can I tell you about this week? Well, yesterday I got to leave off work early to head to Ashford to visit the hospital and have a scan.

I guess like most people my age, I suddenly feel very mortal as aches and pains erupt from nowhere. Anyway, since Christmas I have been suffering with a bad back, and the doctor thought it prudent to go for a scan. And that is why I found myself in the waiting room with an assortment of people, from an elderly man waiting for his wife to a Romany man who was getting frustrated at his long wait.

As I was only having an MRI, I did not need to drink the litres of water the others did, and just a few minutes after my appointment I went in and climbed onto the table, and then after a quick chat with the nurse was inched into the machine and warned of the noise to come.

And so the banging, whirring and clanging and went on for what seemed like 15 minutes. And what did they choose to pipe through the headphones? David bloody Gray singing stuff off White Ladder. A CD which we learnt this week is one of the top ten best selling CDs of all time in the UK.

I have to wait a couple of weeks for the results, and so I hope there is nothing serious to find.

The other story has been the disappearance of Mulder.

We last saw him on Sunday evening, and by last night we were thinking the worse. I said I would work from home today in case he came back. So, no sign, and I thought i would check in the shed just to make sure. We have not been in there since last week, but you have to clear your mind just to make sure.

I came back inside, sat down at the table to do more work, and the cat flap goes. I don't think much of it and carry on working, and then I turn round and there walking in is Mulder and he is meowing constantly.

The prodigal cat

So, I pick him up, check him over and can find nothing wrong. I take him into the utility room and give him a whole packet of food; he wolfs that down and so I give him another half pack.

He then goes out, but within 5 minutes brings me in a mouse as a present; thankfully it is dead.

And so the day continued, Mulder coming along asking for more food and eventually hitting the bed for some well earned sleep.

No comments: