Monday 11 November 2013

Monday 11th November 2013

Sunday

How much better it is to get up on a Sunday morning and be able to watch MOTD without having to fast-forward through the section with Norwich on like in recent weeks. So, I sat on the sofa with Molly and we watched the footy whilst I also sipped a nice fresh coffee.

Once I had watched the City game, we got our act together and headed along Reach Road for a brisk Sunday morning constitutional. Nothing quite beats a fine walk along the cliff tops on a bright day. Or so we thought.

Reach Road

And we were right. We drove along and found just one other car parked, so we Pulled in, put on several layers of clothes and set off across the fields towards the cliffs. I should mention this was along a path, not just trampling stuff in our way!

Beyond the fence

And the sun was so bright, the light was amazing, both on the fields and once we got to the edge, on the cliffs too. The heavy rain we received recently meant that we decided against walking to the lighthouse and back, as one part would be very boggy indeed. So we walked on a large loop to the cliffs at the southern end of Fan Bay and then to Langdon and back up to the car.

The Lock and Key of the Kingdom

Once at the cliff edge we were sheltered from the wind and it was even warm in the sunshine. France could be seen as could the ferries hurrying back and forwards across the Channel. All along the cliffs, cracks and fissures have opened up, and the ones that were already there seemed to be larger than ever. We stayed from the very edge in places, just to be safe!

The White Cliffs

We headed back to the car and then back home for a cuppa and then an early lunch.

I wish I could say we were more productive in the afternoon other than me listening to the football on the radio and Jools beading upstairs. But that’s the sum of it. At five she went to give Nan a shower as Jen is still in hospital. She called in at the chippy on the way home, and I cooked rib eyes, timing it so they were perfect upon her return. I cracked open a beer whilst I cooked and polished of the half bottle of red during the meal. Forgetting never to mix grape and grain. Or I didn’t forget but did it anyway. My spinning head showed this to not be the wisest course of action.

And that was your weekend. Over in a flash as usual.

No comments: