Thursday 14 November 2013

Thursday 14th November 2013

Hello and good afternoon and welcome to Thursday.

Welcome to the long tumble on the way to the weekend, and the big news is that my employers VPN system won't let me back in on my work's computer. So, I reboot and reboot the computer on the hope that it might let me back in.

So, here I am.

Hello.

I have just spent a good ten minutes chasing a sparrow round the house that Scully brought in. There is no other way I like to spend an afternoon is chasing a feathered shitting machine around, whilst Scully also tried to re-catch the bird. I got to it first, and took it to the door so it could fly away. I flew back into the house.

More chasing. I get it again and put it out of the kitchen window. Scully runs back outside to try to catch it again. She failed.

Thankfully.

Not much else to report, other than we are on our holibobs again next week. And it is a good bet I will be offline for seven days until the 23rd. Oh yes, the 23rd.

The 23rd sees three significant anniversaries:

One. 50th Anniversary of the assassination of John F Kennedy. (it was the 23rd in the UK by the time the news reached us.)

Two. 50th anniversary of the broadcast of the first edition of Dr Who

Three. 50th birthday of Jools.

For the first two, well, it happens that 50th anniversaries happen every day. It's just that one was the assassination of a president of the USA, and the second the longest running science fiction TV series.

The last one is a little more important. At least to me. Trying to arrange a 'secret' family event without jools finding out is a tricky thing. Impossible I have found. Jools knows something is being arranged, just not what. and it is taking place at half seven on the 23rd.

So, there you have it.

No comments: