Saturday 14 February 2015

Saturday 14th February 2015

Friday.

When I was given this job some 15 months ago, I knew there was going to be travelling, long hours and paperwork. But nothing could prepare me for for how tired I have felt this week. The third of three six day weeks, travel, split shifts, hotel beds, tennis elbow, a cold, a touch of the farmer giles. And it seems I reached my limit. I had at least arrived home on Thursday early in the evening, we went to bed at nine, and yet, I slept poorly, woke up every hour, or so it seemed.

It took a long time to get going in the morning before I had enough energy to switch the computer on. Oh great, a two hour meeting in an hour. So, I answered mails, then the meeting began. Two hours of excuses, poor planning and the usual guff. By three, and the meeting long over, I had enough energy to write on last mail, and that was it. The meeting meant I had lunch just before two, so when Jools came home at five, I wasn't hungry. We snacked on scotch eggs and some jalapeno bread. And that was it. I was done.

Even though it was half six, I could not keep my eyes open, so off to bed it was for both of us, at the end of a very long week for both of us. At least I had a full weekend in which to recharge my batteries. I'll need every minute.

No comments: