Sunday 15 February 2015

Sunday 15th February 2015

Saturday.

Awake at dawn, after nowhere no near enough sleep. Jools is already up feeding the cats, making coffee. One thing was clear, we wouldn't be doing much for the day, other than snoozing on the sofa. Maybe.

I needed to get out and about by half eight, as after the weeks of travelling, I needed to get my hair back under control, which meant heading to the barbers in Cherrytree, for a barnet mangle and some abuse. It was a grey morning, not one for striding up and down the rolling Kentish countryside, much better have it so I look like I mean business with the customer visits.

Seems like there is some kind of bug affecting hairdressers, as two of the chairs were to be empty for the day, and the other one might be heading home as everyone in his house is vomiting too. Alan comes in, moaning, as is the norm, the news of the empty chairs does not improve his mood. But, I do get my hair cut and straight away, my head feels several degrees colder.

Being Valentine's Day, we thought it be good to have steak for dinner, which means a drive out to Preston to the butchers. It is a fine drive out to the marshes, nice to be out and about in the car, driving down familiar roads and lanes. The guys in the butchers are in good mood, they have heart shaped steaks, cos nothing says love more than a heart shaped steak. However, the sirloin is good enough. We have some banter about football.

And that is about as exciting as it got for Saturday. Drive home, listen to the radio until midday, then a selection of cheeses with crackers and a pint of badger ale. On the radio I had been listening to the cricket on the radio, England self-destructed against Australia once again. So it goes.

I took up a place on the sofa for the egg-chasing, England v Italy. A good game, although I did miss most of the 1st half due to sleep. But England ran out winners by about 30 points, about right. Onto Twitter to follow Cit's game, already 1-0 up against Wolves, and playing well. Indeed another goal in the 2nd half meant that we cruised to our third win in a row and move into the play off places. Hooray!

The steak was wonderful, even if I say so myself, along with the home made chips and garlic mushrooms.

We rounded off the day with watching Back to the Future on ITV2, which is annoying with the ads, but hey, its free.

I can honestly say, I have never felt so shattered as I felt this weekend, so washed out, so knackered I did not have the energy to do anything. It was enough to head to bed at just before nine, hoping that tomorrow would be better. Who can tell, eh?

No comments: