Sunday 8 February 2015

Sunday 8th February 2015

Saturday.

After twelve hours sleep, I feel human once again, I just have to decide which human I want. I am wide awake by midday, but get up some five hours before then. Outside a glorious dawn is playing itself out. I stand at the back door to take shots, as I do. Steffen and Brian sleep on upstairs, after they had gotten in some five hours later than I, and so had much, much sorer heads than I have. IN fact, I feel fine, even better after the second coffee and the bacon butties I cook for Jools and myself.

Brian rises at nine, and after making him bacon butties, we drive to the cliffs at the Dover Patrol to survey the scene. Cloud now had covered the sky, but it was at least dry, and the views, as ever, are stunning. A quick trip to the Bay too, looking around at the all familiar scene as the cliffs rise either side of the bay, whilst the coast of France can just be seen on the horizon.

Back at home, Steffen was also up, feeling a tad sensitive. He had said he wanted fish and chips, so, after a search of the local chippies, it seems the one in Deal opposite the pier was one of the best in the area. So, it is a fine drive through Walmer and into Deal, then began the great search for the fabled parking space. It is an overcast Saturday in February, so why was just about every parking space was taken? We tried the usual places, but in the end found one beside the beach almost in Sandwich.

We take a table in the restaurant after the ten minute walk along the beach, I have skate, whilst the others all have cod. The fish is fresh, perfectly cooked, and very good indeed. Stomachs and heads were settled, which was good.

After a walk along the pier, Jools drops us off at The Berry so we can try some ale there, and turns out the North London Derby is on, but we miss the final 5 minutes as the egg chasing is about to begin, so don't see Harry Kane head Spurs the three points.

Back home I find City 3-0 up at half time against Blackpool, and score a 4th at the end of normal time. We try to keep our feet on the ground again, City are back up to 7th.

And back into town at 8, as there are curries with our name on it, and one final visit to The Rack of Ale is called for, before Jools picks us back up to whilsk us home, as three of us have flights to catch in the morning.

No comments: