Wednesday 10 June 2015

Wednesday 10th June 2015

Tuesday

Flaming June? More windy and chilly June if you ask me.

And another day as I am working from home before my trip to Denmark on Thursday. Where in Denmark? It is wonderful, wonderful. Apparently.

Jools goes to work, leaving me with the cats who decided that it being a Tuesday, they would be hungry all day and present themselves at my feet in a constant stream demanding food. More food. And yet more food. In the words of my dead Dad, they don't have worms, they have snakes!

I would like to tell you about the battles I am having at work this week, but that would be unprofessional of me and point the 'you are a dick' finger at some people who may not like that to happen. I may not say it out loud to you, but I am thinking it. All the time. If people say they are going to do something, I expect it to be done, not for it not to be done and then you log off the system when you come out of a meeting.

And deep breaths.

The day progresses though the morning, through breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, high tea and so all that remains was dinner. See what happens when I am at home? food, food, food.

As it is so cold, I put on a jumper, and close the doors and windows. Which causes an allergic reaction. To avoid taking drugs, I go outside regularly. And spend more and more outside and less and less time at the computer. At least this stops me sneezing. I do some work on the plants, including the tree stump which is furiously putting up new branches, and uncless cut back will in 20 years be as tall as it was before. So, I hack it back.

I trim the raspberries, and ignore Scully once again meowing for yet more food.

Back inside I tidy up, and begin to prepare dinner: I zap some jacket spuds ready for frying, and have defrosted the kofte kebabs. Dirty, dirty food. And with proper Dutch fritesaus. Mayo to you, but sweeter and more, well, Dutch than the stuff we can get here.

The food is as good and dirty as it sounds. The cats still insist they haven't been fed. They are lying I say.

More Springwatch at the end of the day, including a good section on the Holy Grail of orchids: The Ghost, which has only been seen once in 23 years, and then just one spike. Which a slug ate as soon as it was identified. As you will imagine, this is what I very much would like to find, it is almost impossible of course, but then I like a challenge.

No comments: