Monday 27 July 2015

Monday 27th July 2015

Sunday

And on the day of rest, the rain did fall.

Although, it did not start off like that. In fact we had breakfast on the patio with the warm rays of the rising sun on us, whilst around dozens of insects went about, checking all the new poppies for pollen. Soon enough the clouds would roll in, covering the sky and a hard rain would fall.

What did we have planned? Nothing really. I mean with the weather expected to be so bad, every minute without rain was to be treasured.

But the rain did come at ten, and carried on pretty much all day and into the night as well. The cats stared out of the window, then went back to sleep, and outside even the birds didn't bother to come to eat the seeds put out. I tried to watch the Grand Prix in the afternoon. It should all be so exciting, I mean all that money, all that glamour, but twenty minutes of it with a procession of cars, refuelling and tyre changes, well, I could go down to Kwik Fit to see that stuff. I switched it off and put some music on: Denim followed by Siouxsie and the Banshees. Thats more like it.

Jools went to see Nan and the old folks in the afternoon. I bailed. I should have gone, but I could not. I mean, seeing Nan last time was distressing to say the least. But the news was good: she is sleeping and the visions have stopped. But she does remember them, and what she saw, or thought she saw.

The old folks are well too, and have new chickens, but we were offered no eggs. Maybe one day we will be some of the chosen few? Or not.

Whilst Jools was out, I cooked roast beef, which along with runner beans, fresh peas, Yorkshire Puddings and roast potatoes, was rather wonderful. I cut the joint in half, so we can have it again next week. Which sounds like a good idea.

In the evening we watched a recording of Zodiac, which I am still not sure if I have seen before or not, but was good, if at nearly three hours, took us to our bedtime.

And so the end of the weekend. And I am travelling again this week, off to the frozen wastes of Denmark, which I have been warned is very un-summery. Which is to be expected I suppose. It is to be a week of celebration, I hope. Anyway, see you on Friday.

2 comments:

LaBelleProvince said...

Ian, please read this comment and delete it if you like, as it may be too personal, but I am wondering if poor dear Nan is being over-medicated. This is a common people-management strategy in old folks' homes, so is there any way you can have her assessed by a doctor who is outside of the home?

jelltex said...

This is about the third time she has had these visions: doctors did try to find out what the cause was, it seems to be lack of sleep, and the fear of more visions when she closes her eyes makes them even worse. She is better this week.

We did want her moved to another home, but the local health authority deemed her too frail to travel.