Saturday 25 July 2015

Saturday 25th July 2015

Friday

Oh look the end of the working week: who saw that coming?

Well, I looked at the calendar, and sure enough it was Friday, which means that tomorrow, or even, that evening would be the weekend.

So, Jools was up and about at silly o'clock, so I thought I may as well.

She made coffee, and I looked at the interwebs to see if the law of gravity had been revoked. It hadn't, which means another day without walking on the ceiling. Darn.

So, the main task of the day was to create the srpeadsheet that I have been avoiding making for months now. Could I keep it together long enough to get it done? Yes I could.

So, the morning passed, and still the old inbox remained empty. Which got me thinking about my back. My God, it still ached, but as I have a mobile, why should i not take me and the laptop to the sofa so I could be at least comfortable. I switch on TV and find The Hunt for Red October had just begun. Oh, that might divert me. 90 minutes later I realsie I should check on my mails or something. And, still no one is about or mailing me.

Should I watch to the end? I decide not to, and switch the TV off just as the radiation leak happened, or was faked. Depending on whether you have or have not seen the film before.

THe day was heading towards the long dark afternoon of the soul, or at least the coffee break anyway.

I hunt in the kitchen for some drugs and find some ibuprufen, which if nothing else would be fun when I break the beer out. But it was already too late for that, as having looked through the fridge all I find is a frozen lump which I assume to be chilli, but is in fact Moroccan lamb, which goes down well with the frozen cheesy bread I bake and in half an hour I have a fine lunch, far too fine to actually stay awake through the afternoon having eaten of course.

Jools gets home at half six, weighed down with fish and chips, which was the plan. I make the brews and dish up, and all is set fair for a fine meal, and simple to make.

Te evening is a double bill of Monty: the first we have seen of him for 4 weeks, and then shower, wash up, coffee and oh my word, is that the time, yawn.

It is the weekend after all.

Good night,

No comments: