Wednesday 4 May 2016

Wednesday 4th May 2016

Tuesday

Last day of work.

A long, long list of jobs to get done.

This will be a short post, because for the most part, I worked. I didn't have the radio on, I made calls, had meetings, sent e mails, reviewed and updated documents, depsite all the efforts of those around me to force me down diversions and get side-tracked.

I was awake at half four, laying in bed listening to the birds singing in the new day. Jools had set the alarm to go off at five, and with a weary heart we got up, got ready for the working day; and once Jools was ready to go, loaded the car and left, I switched on the computer to see what had been sent overnight: 25MB of data was downloading.

I make a strong cup of coffee and begin doing the tasks on the list, and those which are added by the overnight mail.

I pause for lunch; beans on toast, then crack on with more work, meetings, minutes, mails and documents. By five I was seeing things and I believe I had reached the point where I could not go on any further. I sent out two final mails, one confirming I was pooped, and the other input to a meeting I am going to miss. And finally set the out of office message, and I am done. 15 working days off!

Jools arrives home at quarter to six, she has had a bad day, but she also has to go in tomorrow, whereas I will be rounding up the cats. More of that later.

A simple dinner of breaded chicken, peas and Jersey Royals smothered in butter is a meal fit for a king. So it will do us.

There are still things to do regarding the holiday, so the evening drifts past, outside it gets dark, and that is the end of one busy day.

No comments: