Saturday 26 June 2021

Friday 25th June 2021

Six months from/to Christmas.

Get those sprouts on!

And apart from spending the day trying not to imagine what Matt Hancock's orgasm face was like, it was a pretty good day.

Jools was up before five, doing stuff, while I laid around until twenty five to six. She had a yoga class to go to, and just had to be in work at seven. Or logged on. You know.

So, she was again, a blur of action until she left at just after ten past six.

And here i am, no me tod.

Jools was to do yoga, then go swimming before coming back to be here when the doctor rang with her blood test results, which the receptionist told her were in. I mention this because when he did call, the doctor had no idea why he was ringing. All is good for Jools.

Meanwhile I logged on at work, there was an update to Windows, that installed and everything worked. Including Outlook which seemed to delight in the two day's mail I had to sort through. It keeps me off the streets.

There is the weekely COVID meeting where we share the news from where we live: me in England, half the team in Denmark, another half in India, one lady in Italy and another in Taiwan. Its mostly good news, except from jollie olde Englande where I tell them the beginnings of a third wave are being felt, with the final unlocking delayed four weeks.

But relaxing has been happening all over. At least in India vaccinations are now reaching those of working age, and are now free.

We have a team meeting to say goodbye to an old colleague, Flemming, who is leaving us to join a rival. The old team gets ever smaller.

Sadly.

Jools goes to Tesco, I stay and have a meeting. Two meetings with my boss, and with some bombshell news ringing in my ear, it is two in the afternoon and I believe the weekend should have started. Bombshell news not affecting me or us, I stress.

One hundred and seventy six And that is it.

Jools had bought ice creams, so we have a peanut butter magnum sitting in the back garden now that the rain had stopped, though it was cold.

I put the radio on, Steve Lamaqc had started; it was the weekend.

And no football today either.

Sigh.

I make cornbread to go with the insalata for dinner. I added som Cardumon seeds to pep it up a bit, and it worked.

We listen to more radio, I take part in the music quiz; no luck this time, and then watch Gardener's World before going to bed at nine.

Phew.

No comments: