Tuesday 29 June 2021

Monday 28th June 2021

Is this summer?

We woke up again to thich fog and the mounful lament of the distant foghorn at Dover Harbour. It was thicker than ever, really. Anything beyond the bottom of the garden was out of view, and I new the morning commute would be a nightmare. For others, I just had to slide my seat from on part of the dining room table to the other.

Jools had the tough one, driving to Hythe. She left at ten past six so to catch up on work as its crazy this time of the year anyway, and they have less staff now to do the work. I, however, have the great IT failure to deal with.

After switching the laptop on, I get one e mail, then that's it. Nothing for the rest of the day, and everything else is so unstable as to be useless. I try to restart the laptop over and over again, hoping that the next time it will fix itself.

It doesn't.

And its not like I could go out to do something else, the fog was still thick, and then it started raining too. I took a picture out of the back door because such weather is unheard of here at the end of May. My colleagues in Denmark tell me it is hot and sunny there. Denmark has stolen our weather!

I make breakfast and another coffee and ponder the factt hat they are paying me well to work from home, though unable to do any actual work, but will get paid anyway.

Such is life.

I can take part in Teams meetings, and have a couple, during which I have yet more work to do that I can't do.

I have lunch of about half of the leftover Chinese meal from Friday. I don't feel much like work afterwards, but I review documents and try to fix the inbox.

I don't.

Outside the fig des lift at half four, just to drop down again at five. I try to go out to do some snapping. The flower shots were not up to much, but i did catch a foglet sitting on some pond weed, looking up at the sky.

One hundred and seventy nine Shot of the day, then.

There is football from five: Croatia from Spain at five. And was a wonderful game, eight goals over 120 minutes of gametime as it was 3-3 at full time. A howler of an own goal, Croatia scoring twice in the last five minutes, and then Spain winning it with two goals in a couple of minutes into extra time. Then France v Switzerland, another corking game, France leading 5-1 with 15 to go, then another two late goals to take into extra time. The match ended at half ten, went to penalties, and France losing out as Mbappe missing with the tenth and final spot kick before sudden death.

It was sudden death for France, who with him and Pogba are out.

No comments: