Friday 18 June 2021

Thursday 17th June 2021

What, Thursday already? Where did those three weeklong days go to?

Yes, following Wednesday, we had Thursday, and a day beginning with, in a throwback thursday stylee, four hours of meetings.

A 90 minute department meeting, then a review of the review of the review of the employee engagement survey. THis time with actual feedback.

Which is nice.

Other than that, not much to reprt.

It rained at the start of the day. No, it hammered down, Jools went to work with her umbrella and raincoat, and came home having left them at work. I suspect this was on purpose. But who am I to judge?

Jools leaves at twenty past six, and in response the rain comes down harder, which was a feat in itself.

I make second coffee and listen to another podcast while waiting for the clock to tick round to seven. For added excitement, this week sees the start of the merger of IT systems, as we are absorbed into the old parent company. IT assures us all will go to plan.

One hundred and sixty eight IT always says this.

I make breakfast of toast and marmalade, and am munching away during the first of the meetings. There is change. It cannot come quick enough. And that is the news.

It is half eleven by the time I am done with meetings, it is lunchtime, but I have eaten all the available carbs whe I had toast, there is just the crust left, so I make cheese on toast with that and have an orange, and that is that.

Wow, this is exciting stuff.

There is football at two, Ukraine v North Macedonia, which used to be Kosova I think. I have no idea, really. Its not a bad game, and is better than waiting for mails to drop in my inbox, there is other stuff to be done, but "tomorrow".

I make something naughty for dinner: shoarma style chicken, creamed spinach, garlic mushrooms and fried potatoes. I use lots of pans and make lots of noise too.

Dinner is spendid, and ready for when Jools arrives back home from work, and she has milk as we were nearly out.

There was another game at five, I watch the second half. I have no memory of that or the late game, which did feature Holland who won, 2-0. Oh, the early game featured Denmark and Belgium, with Belgium coming from behind to win.

And that was Thursday.

No comments: