Friday 2 June 2023

Thursday 1st June 2023

Start of summer.

Apparently.

Though no one seems to have told the weather, and east Kent is still being cooled by a keen north east wind straigt from the Norwegian coast.

In shot, it's bloody cold. Cold enough to have the heating on during the day and almost too cold to have a window open at night. The cats are confused as to which windows will or will not be open on an hour by hour basis.

And on top of that there is my back, of course, which is giving me gip. THough was milder in the morning and had eased to a dull ache by lunchtime, so a visit to the chiropractor evening would sort it out good and proper, no?

No.

But I did sleep well, even pinned in by Cleolicious, so was up and about, if not bouncing, then able to limp down stairs for coffee, and in due course set u the office, lifting the large screen and plaptop from their storage on the floor under the stairs.

Jools asked if there was anything she could do. I mean, apart from a new back, not really. I know the thought was good and meant well, but I was back feeling sorry for myself.

I logged on at work, and for the day there was the latest announcements in the reorganisation of the quality function across the company. I listened to the fine words and asked a couple of cheeky questions. Essentially, why should we trust those who made this decision when the last few they made were so wrong?

I made my point.

Then there was the latest binfire to look into, and as Sherock once said, "once you have eliminated all possible explainations, you are left with the impossible". And so a situation that should never have happened, happened.

Mind: boggled.

I give in to the pain by half two, get an ice pack and find somewhere less painful to sit.

Not much chance for pictures, just in the garden, and with the ox-eye daisies now beginning to flower, have one of those.

One hundred and fifty two And for the evening, I went down the hill to the chiropractor, and he said as I was out of balance he must do stuff.

I was pulled and yanked, so after 25 minutes able to go home, hoping I would wake up pain free.

I hoped.

No comments: