Monday 5 June 2023

Sunday 4th June 2023

Tonight I will be in Acle.

Tomorrow I will be in Heathrow.

Wednesday we will be in Oslo,

And on Thursday we will kip leaving Longyearbyen.

So it goes, so it goes.



I would like to say that my back was better on Sunday.

Would like to say, but it wasn't. And time is getting close to when I leave the house for the best part of 12 days.

One hundred and fifty five So, hope it does improve.

Another slow start to the day with coffee, breakfast, coffee and then bacon butties meant that most of the morning was taken, leaving the only question of whether Jools would go swimming before or after lunch.

Springing into life Before seemed to be the best choice, and I said I would drive her to the prom and collect her about half an hour later.

I'm not sure what the situation with the pollution in the harbour is, but there were plenty out and about, taking almost all the parking slots to suggest many were risking it. In fact I think the outfall is outside the harbour, so probably is clean enough.

Springing into life I dropped her off, then zoomed to Military Road, parking on the other side to check the down for orchids and I hoped Small Blue butterflies.

Its still early, really, for COmmon Spotted, a few partially open spikes, and just a single Small Blue seen too.

In truth there wasn't much point in staying much longer as there was nothing much more to see, but my back suggested we get back to the car and ease up on the force of gravity.

Dactylorhiza fuchsii So I did.

Back down to pick Jools up, then back home for a brew and lunch of Caprese and stale bread, which I then sleep off in bed through the rest of the afternoon.

And that was that, really.

I took some shots and a video in the garden, mainly of the sways of Ox-eye daisies that are beginning to open.

Supper of pan fried asparagus tips.

And that was Sunday.

Still felt like i had been run over by a bus.

No comments: