Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Monday 24th August 2026

The year is getting older, of course.

The sun rises to the east, but is now visible when it first rises away in the east, south east. Evenings are cooler, some days too. One day over the weekend we closed the front then back door to keep the chill out.

Of course, September might bring a return to warmer temperatures, but we are hoping for rain. Much more rain.

It seems that I am still delicious, as I was bitten aplenty when I went up Temple Ewell down on Sunday, so I was all itchy through Sunday night, but I slept on when Jools got up, not waking until half six, when it was all daylight.

Two hundred and thirty six It is three weeks or so since we came back from France, and I am working my way through the pictures taken over those 19 days. I am editing the church and other non tour shots, as well as at the same time editing botany and butterfly shots from the six days of the tour.

It keeps me busy.

And then there is Heritage Weekend to plan, churches to visit and so on. Lists made, postcodes found.

That also keeps me busy.

And there are locations and orchid species in West Australia to write down and store, so my trip next year is not in vain.

Keeps me busy, and is exciting.

I find time during the morning to walk to the end of the street to snap the Common toadflax on the other side of Station Road, it is one of my favourite native plants, and it always makes me smile to see it in flower.

Parish Brewery's 4XDH Envie When Jools returns from her chores, we have lunch, and I have a beer to go with the chicken salad. I didn't look at the strength of the DIPA, and found after emptying my glass it was 8.4%, which explains why I went for a lay down for an hour or so.

There is cheese and crackers for supper, then football, as Fulham hosted neighbours Chelsea, which ended in an entertaining 2-3 away win.

No comments: