Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Tuesday 25th August 2026

It's my birthday. Again.

Didn't I have one last year about this time?

Jools asks was there anything I wanted to do for the day.

I replied that as most days I get to do what I want to anyways, I would just take it easy, as the last orchid species had been ticked off on Sunday.

It was a Tuesday, and that would normally have meant phys. You don't think I would do phys on my birthday, do you?

In fact, I did go to the gym, as there was a pod to listen to. So up at five, Jools wished me happy birthday, and gave me the cards from her and one from Jen.

And then off to the sports centre where there were many going to the pool, but a few of us going to pump lard.

I do thirty five minutes which isn't forty but nearer it than thirty one.

I cool down outside, then come back home so Jools can have the car. She makes me a brew, and I sit outside with Scully in the cool of the morning.

The Park Inn, Dover Jools leaves for her class, and will be gone all morning as she was going to meet up with the group she used to meet on Mondays for morning coffee.

I was home alone.

So after breakfast of toast. I have a shave and shower, and look spanking once dressed and smelt lovely too I expect.

Dover Fire Station Upon her return, Jools asked what the plan was. I suggested going to the Castle Street chippy and then the Hoptomist, that or going to a café for a slice of cake and pretend it was a birthday cake.

And in a surprise turn, we go back to the car and come home. I listen to more pods sitting on the patio, sipping French bier and eating peanuts.

Not exciting, but good enough, and Scully laid beside me and dozed.

For the evening we picked Jen up before driving into town, parking in Ladywell for the short walk to The Italian Kitchen, where we had a table booked.

Two hundred and thirty seven Its a small place, but the former owner has bought it back, and doing some old favourites.

We feast on chilli and garlic prawns, and I followed that with spicy sausage with ear shaped pasta. And Jen and I shared a bottle of primitivo, which was very nice.

At the end of the day And that was that.

Jools drove us home, dropping Jen off on the way, getting back in time for the last ten minutes of the Cardiff v Norwich game, which we won 2-1, though in the League Cup. Not a good performance, but a win.

No comments: