Friday 14 April 2023

Older and wiser

I treasure each and every one of my friendships, but over time I have come to realise that some do not share mt view on how precious our friendship is.

It is a butter pill to take, to learn that those you would walk over hot coals for won't get on a bus to come and say hi when you visit.

Even worse are those I used to call in an see whenever I would pass, who when they visit Kent or nearby don't let me know to meet up.

I get the message.

Loud and clear

Maybe it was an accident, but year after year, I sense that maybe, just maybe, you mean more to me than I mean to you.

Most who read this, this will not apply to.

But, I am disappointed.

It huts us, Precious.

In the days of social media when it is easier than ever to stay in thouch, most don't.

So, I am taking a step back from FB.

I am only holding back from deleting the account so I can still moderate the orchid group. No one really from my RAF days, the chicken factory or school days I still interact with, so if I don't miss them, and they don't miss me, no one gets hurt.

Being an only child makes this easier, but the rejection is still hard, you know.

I am trying also to wean myself off Twitter, but its hard. But I just might in time.

Maybe, sometimes we should tell people how important they are to us, just so they know.

Sigh.

No comments: