Thursday 6 April 2023

Wednesday 5th April 2023

Final day of the audit seminar.

Webinar.

Moan in.

Phone in.

On Teams.

Despite it being a four day week, it seems to have last several weeks already, and we're only halfway thorough it. And on top the seminar we have the dpeartment meeting to to get through before nine.

One thing I have learned this week, though not a new lesson, is that if you are having a good week, or the best week of your life, someone else could be having the worst day of theirs.

Two friends let me know of bad news this week. I can't say let alone do anything to make it better. Life can be so frustrating and unfair sometimes. Make no doubt I love you all, though I don't always say so.

Bombylius discolor We have the department meeting, there is little of what you could call news.

And then the seminar, where we align some more and find that we can share information with the whole dpeatment to make them all as downbeat as us.

Nice work.

Anyways.

We wind up at half twelve, I have lunch. And ponder the meaningless of existance. I mean, would anyone not notice if I failed to turn up to work?

Ninety five I doubt it sometimes.

I have a brew at three, meaning I didn't go out for a walk until nearly four, and pretty soon my back began to complain. So I only walked over the fields to Fleet House then doubled back along Collingwood to home.

Not far, but I did something, I guess.

Back home and time for a brew before it was time to cook dinner. Outside the Pasque Flowers are still not quite in flower. I hope at least one will open before or on Good Friday.

Dinner was sausages, Boston Beans (freshly made) and fried potatoes.

Dirty, but good.

For the evening there was West Ham v The Toon, and the Toon ran out 5-1 winners on a filthy night in East London.

Still, gotta laugh....

No comments: