Wednesday 12 April 2023

Tuesday 11th April 2023

We have no car.

For now.

Which means, for Jools, getting to work is an issue. On Monday she called in a favour so Sean picked her up from the end of the road, but did mean being up at five so to be ready to be collected at six.

Which, in turn, meant I was up to, so saw the dawn and rising sun, now way to the east rising behind one of the last mature trees in the neighbourhood.

So Monday, let's see what you can throw at me....

What it threw at me, after the chaos of the last two years, came a surprise, even to me. Sadly, I can't tell you too much about it, but sudden departures of very senior staff in our function. And when I say "departure" I mean sacked.

One hundred and one Being an auditor of management sytems and change management, the need to have confidence in decisions taken by those in their ivory towers, and that needs to be demonstrated.

So, there we have it.

Everything else took a very distant second place to that.

Even the weather did things the wrong way round, with sunshine and no wind early in the morning then wind and rain in the afternoon meaning no walking for me. I had planned for Jools to drop me off at Westcliffe on her way to work, and then we had no car.

Pot plants So, work happened.

I did my stuff and was told I did good work, but the work was showing that something else was out of compliance. Good work, maybe, but it should never have been like that.

And then did the wind and rain sweep in from the west, though that would be a taster for the storms on Wednesday, apparently.

And on top of all this, the insurance company "lost" our car, or what's left of it, and then failed to arrange the hire car which should have been with us in 5 working hours. Only Jools's attitude for not giving up got both sorted.

Sigh.

Too help her get into work, she is given the pool car to use for two nights, so can get into work without having to cadge lifts.

Dinner was steak and ale pie, roast tatties, steamed veg and the last of the gravy from Saturday.

For the evening I listened to the footy, Citeh v Bayern, whose team bus I saw pass through Dover on Sunday morning. Did them no good, as Citeh ran out 3-0 winners.

No comments: