Saturday 3 July 2010

Saturday 2nd July 2010

The weekend is here.

already.

Getting used to the desk job has not been easy; seeing others gathering up their tools and kit in the morning and heading out to the harbour to begin work, and I sit at my computer tapping away. I had a haircut this morning, and the guy, just to make conversation, anything that mention the football, asked what I did. I receive paperwork, create more paperwork and pass it on, and then check up on old paperwork that I have done to see how it's coming along.

That about covers it. In theory, the NCR system is supposed to improve quality in the company; in reality parts of the company use it to delay paperwork until a project ends and the difficult questions vanish. I have to try to recover money that we have spent because of other's mistakes, from them. But they have to admit the mistake; it's easier getting blood out of a stone sometimes. No laid down procedures for just about everything, means they is no recourse if they deny a claim.

And so it goes around.

Yesterday was so damn hot; we have no air con in the office, and with all the computers and screens on, it does get uncomfortable sometimes. I was glad to get out and help on the quayside at the end of the day, as there was a breeze coming in off the sea.

Jools and I went out for a meal last night, in a country pub in Nortbourne; very nice it was too; honey and tarragon chicken for me, and pork in a cream and gherkin sauce for Jools. Both very nice.

Common Spotted Orchid / Dactylorhiza fuchsii

and now it's the weekend; we went for a walk along the cliffs this morning, I took photos of some flowers and the scenery. And just getting ready for the football this afternoon; Germany vs Argentina; could be the game of the tournament so far. Brazil got knocked out last night, by Holland, and rightly so. and the English 'stars' are holidaying with their respective WAGS.

Pyramid Orchid

So it goes, so it goes.

No comments: