Sunday 25 July 2010

Sunday 25th July 2010

Good morning.

Headache and pain from the nether regions too. The headache comes from the hot and humid night last night; I woke up at half twelve this morning even hotter than the night, struggling to get back to sleep. I could blame it all on the heat and season, but there was another reason; red wine. It seemed like a good idea, to go along with the nice steak I had bought, lets have a special bottle of wine. All very well, but the wine, a 2007 President's 15, full bodied and flavoursome. And in the end, I did drink it all with full malice aforethought. The steak was good though, and the mushrooms cooked in butter. With the wine.

Macro-rama

So, I have dosed myself up with drugs and am now waiting for them to kick in. which seems to be happening right now, and the world seems a tad better.

So, I have had most of the week off work, due to the operation and the recuperation. Thursday, I just stayed in and bimbled about messing with pictures and listening to the radio and eating lots of fruit. It was a throwback to my days on the dole, finding ways to waste the day away. Not that bad, but the day did fritter away. I ended up watching the final mountain stage of Le Tour de France, which was good, and another reminder of days past when I used to watch almost every stage. It was great for just the one day.

Reflections in a hover fly

Friday, a friend came round, and we went for a walk whilst looking for subjects to photograph; a photo-walk, if you like. Which is a word, a real word. Gary has a new lens, a macro lens, which he let me borrow for the morning, and the results i got were just amazing. Just seeing the beauty in design of the very tiny, it is a wonderful thing. We did not walk far, but saw moths, butterflies and plants of fantastic shapes. So, now I want one of these lenses, a snip at £400, which might as well be four million right now as we have so many things to do with our money.
In the afternoon, I stayed inside and listened to the Mayo and Kermode film review show, it was wonderful.

Here comes the sun

each evening we have been watching films on-demand; we saw Up in the air with gorgeous George which was rather good, but a bit familiar, and the day before we watched Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll, the Ian Dury bio-pic, which was ok.

Yesterday, after the early morning trip to Tesco, we walked once again over the fields to the cliffs and back again. I took my camera and i snapped many more insects, moths and butterflies, including a few beautiful Comma butterflies, which were a joy to sea.

Comma Butterfly

At the cliffs, there was no mist this time, but France was lost in the haze, and although the bacon cooking in bluebirds smelt mighty fine, we walked home again to have lunch.

And that's about it, Sunday now, weather greay but warm, with the proise of rain before lunch, and me not feeling like going out. And then, back to work tomorrow, with the thought that I am being joined by Philip and Christian full time now, oh what joy that will be. Probably.

No comments: