Friday 13 August 2010

Friday 13th August 2010

And so it came to pass that on Friday 13th that Jelltex, Mr Jelltex did indeed get the money he had been chasing since the dawn of time, or at east since April when he started at the company. There were wail of celebration as the POs arrived via the wonder of the interwebs and electronic mail. At the weekly progress meeting, I was able to inform my boss that the money had arrived and was now winging its way from one part of the company to another.
It looks good on paper, apparently.

And then we went over a few other subjects, all of which reflected quite badly on Mr X as I call him to protect his identity. Quite what he has been doing in Denmark this week is one question, and is he an asset to the project is another. Stuff happens.

At least it is now the weekend, and as the long wind down comes to an end, thoughts turn as to what exciting things we can do; the weather may even be good enough for a bbq tomorrow, as we should have friends round. I may visit the hair mangler, to sort out my unruly locks and make me part-presentable.

And as if there were not exciting enough, the Premiership season starts tomorrow; and so let the madness begin. Not as though it going to be exciting; there will be games which will be end to end, tons of goals and sendings off and the such. But in the end one of two clubs will win it, and maybe one of four or five tams can win it. And even then, does it really matter who does? Not really. But, the hype will tell of super-Sundays and manic Mondays, terrific Tuesdays and wonderful weekends. Meh!

Well, it is time for me to slide off, I made Limoncello and Grappa Tart last night, and once home I will brew some coffee and we will tuck into a healthy slice; sorry, unhealthy slice, and maybe go out for a curry in Deal. So, as the lightning flashes around and the rain pours down, I bid you a happy weekend. See y’all Monday.

No comments: