Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tuesday 10th August 2010

Although it is too early to say if I have won out overall, I have been victorious in a couple of battles today with the evil that is corporate structure of the company I will refer to as ‘the company,’ as no to embarrass the feelings of the self-proclaimed leader of the wind turbine industry.

But, I did win out with the various suppliers to our bit of the company as being responsible for being the technical vendor, or for all intense and purposes they are to blame when we get supplied with a crock of shit. That it has taken the best part of three months to get thus far is remarkable. Now that we have, the actual work of doing root cause analysis needs to be done, on cases nearly a year old. It would be quite funny in a Terry Gilliam/Brazil kind of way. But this is real, and how the company keeps on doing things the same way, whilst deluding itself how great it and their business is. At least I have changed one little part of it.
And so I take this decision and now apply it to all other production units and get them to play with the same rules, rather than making things up as they go along, and changing the rules just because they can; deep breath, you’re going to need it.

There a re a few sniffs in regard of what I do in October once this job is done, but for now there is nothing concrete, and I am hopeful of what the future may bring. We shall see, we shall see.

No comments: