Tuesday 3 August 2010

Monday 2nd August 2010

And here we are, back at work after a not very relaxing weekend. What with humid nights and travelling the M25 and drinking spirits with friends means that it screws with my body. Let’s face it; I can’t do what I used to do. I can’t remember the last time I stayed up to three in the morning, but that followed by more than four hours sleep.
So, by the time Sunday rolled round I was fit for little else other than just sitting and vegging. I did sleep like a dead man Saturday night, which did help, but last night laying in bed listening to cats fighting outside meant that more sleepless time in bed. Please let it be cool tonight!

Most significant event was the conversation with Mother, pointing out once again that events were in her court. Failure to change could mean another heart attack and possible death. The doctors have just patched her circulation up. And what with my contact probably coming to an end at the end of August, we have more than enough to worry about other than if Mother has been at the family sized fruit and nut bars again. So, that is it.

And on Friday, the football season begins, with Norwich getting the honour of kicking the whole shooting match off live on TV. Lets hope it will be better than last season’s first game when we lost 7-1! So, the countdown has begun. It’s only been three weeks since the world cup finished!

No comments: