Friday 6 August 2010

Friday 6th August 2010

Yesterday’s ethical question was, do I drop my colleague in the shit or cover for him. I thought long and hard about it, and mainly remembered the times he promised things on my behalf that he knew I could not deliver. And so, when the question was raised, where is ‘x’ I replied to our boss, he left fifteen minutes after you. It was the truth, and I feel I owe him no loyalty, as he has shown me none thus far. Mr ‘X’ has made it clear that ha does not want to be here, got an agreement that he should stay in Denmark next week, and got his files sent back by courier before he left. I shall not miss him, if he does not come back.

Yesterday’s lesson was about our virtual lives: I know that lurking behind those ‘hilarious’ screen names, mostly, real people hide, or sometimes don’t. On occasion they write about their hopes, fears and loves. Not everyone is truthful, there are many trolls and worse out there, but there are diamonds, people you feel your life is better for having known, even if it was through just their writing or their photography. I got a message that one of my friends from a blog site I used to write on, Judy, aka ‘Knitten Kitten’ had lost her long battle with cancer. She had lived a full life, a tour guide over most of the world, but had love and time for everybody. I feel sorry for having left MD last year, and so did not stay in contact with Judy through the last months of her life. She liked my blogs; especially the ones about my time on boats of the holidays we used to take. But, she was a friend first and foremost, and that is how I shall remember Judy.

Other than that, life has been the same this week. Work, driving to and from work, stuff in the house and sleeping. There may be some other stuff, evening walks and the such, a missing cat, heartbreak; and then joy when the wanderer returned. And now it is Friday, and the weekend is just around the corner. My team, Norwich , kick the season off tonight, live on TV with a game against Watford . Let’s hope its better that last season’s first game, a 7-1 defeat. It is less than four weeks since the end of the world cup; too soon for nine more months of football, but I am ready, and hopefully Norwich are ready too.

The weekend starts here!

No comments: