Saturday 2 February 2013

Saturday 2nd February 2013

And those of you with sharp eyes will notice my mistake in the previous entry, in that it was the 21st of the year, THIS is the 22nd. That apart, the previous blog is all true, as is this one. Honest.

Thursday was a day of non-stop excitement when those of us who love football still glued to our TV and ears to the radio as the millionaires and lesser lights of football jostle for a move or not on what is transfer deadline day. This, the transfer window opens for the whole month of January, where teams can freshen up their squads. They have 31 days, and yet most teams wait until the final hours of the 31st to even start.

White Cliffs Festival of Winter Ales 2013

I won't bore you with the details other than to say City signed another Leeds player to bolster our numbers as we head into the run in. We were priced out of another couple of buys, and yet the fans are restless as they think we are being unambitious. Truth is buying players we could not afford, could not afford to pay and were poor buys as they were nearer the end of their careers than the start. So, ambition with caution is the watchword and we won't upset the bank manager.

All Hail the Ale

Hopefully.

So, I sat up until half eleven watching the updates on the BBC website as the deals came and went. and a wee malt helped me see the action, or inaction unfold.

Friday was the first of the month, and the opening day of the Dover beer Festival.

Yay, beer.

First thing was wait for the delivery of our new shower. And we were woken up at seven for the driver to tell us he would be with us at a quarter past eight. And that is when they turned up. The brought three big boxes in, would not take them upstairs, or unpack them. We signed for the items and added them to the good now filling up our living room. The action is due to begin on Monday morning where a guy with a hammer and a spanner is due to take out or old shower, sink and bath.

Spoilt for choice

Jools dropped me off in Dover town centre, I did some chores then went and queued up to gain a nice early entry to the festival when the doors opened at one. I ambitiously bought tokens for seven pints and went to select my first beer of the afternoon. I met up with an old friend and we talked and drank the afternoon away.

In Memory of Roger Marples

By about half three things get a little bit hazy. What I do know is that I called up jools and she collected me at about quarter past four and took me home where I went straight to bed and slept for four hours. I woke up in time for Jools to be coming back inside with a bag full of curry which I washed down with another pint and then it was time for bed.

Again.

No comments: