Wednesday 27 February 2013

Wednesday 27th February 2013

Just a few lines to say we are back from our travels. We had a few days away as I had to conduct an audit in Cumbria. again. So, Jools decided to come along, so we drove up: stopping Sunday night in Lichfield, then heading up to Whitehaven via the Cumbrian coast on Monday. I worked on Tuesday, but after work we headed to Buttermere in the Lake district to watch the sun go down, because we could. It was magical, really it was. And then we just had to monumental drive back down from Whitehaven this morning all the way home to Dover with just Radio 2 to keep us company and warn us of travel problems.

Newlands Sunset

We got back OK, sometime about half five. We had a coffee, lazed around and I looked at some of the shots I took. And now it is nearly nine and time to be thinking about bed, as it is work as usual tomorrow.

Buttermere Sunset

We were blessed with stunning weather once we were north of Manchester, days of unbroken sunshine. No really. And I have some stunning shots and great memories. But I shall go into great detail tomorrow.

This time with a straight horizon

Just to say all is well, although the house is quiet as we can't pick up the cats until tomorrow, so the only sound is the gentle whirring of the washing machine and me typing away.

No comments: