Friday 10 May 2013

Friday 10th May 2013

And so Friday rolls round again. Thankfully, despite being a day shorter and being at home, it still seems to have lasted several weeks.

Early Spider Orchid "Ophrys sphegodes"

Yesterday, after work I headed down to Samphire Hoe to snap the Early Spider Orchids, as I saw on Flickr many people snapping them at other locations. Being so tiny, they can be hard to spot, but sure enough after ten minutes looking I saw the first one, and soon after maybe as many as a dozen. It was tricky getting shots due to the stiff breeze, but I am happy with what I got and so moved onto Shakespeare Cliff to snap Tangmere as she steamed through Dover.

34067, Tangmere, The Canterbury Belle, Dover Town Yard, 9th May 2013

Having snapped her so many times, I decided to head up the cliff to get some panoramic shots from high on the cliffs. And as seems typical, the sun went in just before she arrived and so the pictures needed messing around with to boost colours and contrast. Still, good to see it come round the bend near the Lord Warden Hotel and slowly accelerated towards where I was standing before disappearing into the tunnel beneath my feet. And then she was gone.

Early Spider Orchid "Ophrys sphegodes"

So I headed into town to pick Jools up then to home for dinner and some relaxing time. I cooked one of our favourite meals, chorizo hash, which always goes down well, especially with a glass or two of red. Sadly, this meant that the session on the cross trainer did not happen, but I feel with all the walking I’ve been doing, not to get too stressed about it.

So, bring on the weekend……

I'll leave you with some more of the orchid shots.....

Early Spider Orchid "Ophrys sphegodes"

Early Spider Orchid "Ophrys sphegodes"

No comments: