Friday 18 October 2013

Friday 18th October 2013

One huuundred and eeeeightyyyyyyyy.

Yes, welcome to blog #180 for the year 2013. More blogs written in this year than any other years so far. Or at least by me. It has been quite a year, but then they all seem to have been, and then much more interesting stuff in the last two months of the year before we can put our feet up and celebrate Crimble.

Offroader in the mist

Until then it is work, work, work all the way. For the most part. And there will be meetings. Lots of meetings.And minutes of meetings. And agendas for future meetings. And so on.

But for now, I have just been enjoying the moment, with the news of the pay rise this week. Sorry to bang on about it, but it really is quite big news. As I said last night it's like someone saying they will pay the mortgage for us from now on. Its that big.

I'll go to the end of our street

And today: well, today I worked from home, clearing up the mess on the current project, number crunching and seeing where we are as the year draws to an end. I had to head off to the doctors too, as the infection in my leg has come back. Again. So, instead of driving, I walked over the fields to the surgery, then sat amongst the elderly waiting for my turn with the doctor. I heard some gossip several times, but that is fine. And good to know that there are still people who have grown up and old in the village and still call it home.

Ivy on the gate

The doctor gave me more drugs, more creams and lotions and potions, and after waiting for them from the pharmacist, I headed off back home. Walking up, there had been thick fog which had risen shortly after dawn, but the sun had broken through and it felt warm enough in the still air to take off my coat.

To the fields

And so I worked through the afternoon, crunching more numbers, firing off shit-o-grams and then at four, that was it, no more work. Turn off the lap top, and let the weekend begin. Chapel Lane

No comments: