Wednesday 16 October 2013

Wednesday 16th October 2013

A few weeks ago, you may remember that I was offered a job on a new construction project within the company. I accepted, but then thought about the fact I have been essentially on the same wages for three years now, and my role and more importantly responsibilities have grown considerably. So, I went to my boss and said I wanted more money. I said it nicely, and he said he would think about it.

Several times he called me up to see how much I really earned. Whether he was deciding if was being cheeky or so vastly underpaid he couldn’t believe it, I don’t know. So, anyway, for the last couple of weeks I have been promised by him news of said pay rise. I said OK and thought little of it.

And so this morning, I get a call from my line manager to tell me the news. And I became quite emotional when I was told the result: something like a 43% increase effective from the beginning of next month.

I found myself looking at Amazon a few minutes later looking at DSLR bodies. 7D or 70D? Hmmmmmm.

3 comments:

nztony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nztony said...

43% pay rise, wow very very exciting! And, no to the 70D or 7D, you need (and can easily afford) the 5DMKIII, you will never regret it!
Although any EF-S lenses you have will be obsolete.

jelltex said...

Thanks for the tip, Tony. I would love to go full frame, but I don't think I can justify the expense as as well as the camera, a new macro lens in also needed, and then a new laptop on which to process the shots as the one I have cannot really cope with even the JPEGs from my 50D.