Tuesday 1 October 2013

Tuesday 1st October 2013

And so to the last day of September and then the first day of October.

It is now pretty still dark when the alarm goes off at five forty-five, and the sun is just about rising as i head out of Dover on the drive to Ramsgate just before seven. The days are sunny and mild, and feels like early September really. We are still getting a good crop of the raspberry canes, enough for a good dessert every other day, which seems like free food to me.

Some days it feels like I'm falling apart; what with the allergies and this thing on my leg flaring up again, I just don't want to feel this crappy any more. So, I went to see the quack yesterday. Quackess really, and she listened to me and was surprised the other doctor at the surgery had not prescribed some drugs for me last year. Have some drugs she said.

OK.

And then my leg. The infection is back. Better go to the hospital, let me make you an appointment. She rang up and got me one for Tuesday afternoon. And in light of the row in the US over Obamacare, this was all free for me, I did not have to flash my BUPA card.

So today I headed to the hospital at Canterbury, went to the clinic, was asked all these questions, went to to have a scan at the other end of the hospital, walked back to the clinic holding the results in my hand so the nurse could tell me the results. The result is no clots, just an infection, so more drugs for me! But this time i was given them free instead of the prescription the day before.

An hour after waking up on Monday morning, my nose and sinuses cleared and it was if I had never been well, but the result of the dreadful nights sleep was me yawning all day trying to stay awake as I number crunched the data at the end of month and end of quarter.

Just a word on now that darkness falls about half six in the evening, the badgers and foxes are now around at a reasonable time, so we get to see them. In fact the first badger was around at twenty past seven on Sunday. Last night they managed to break into the food bin to get the chicken carcass out

No comments: