Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday 19th July 2014

Wednesday.

Just like Tuesday, with the same players, the same script. Endless auditing.

I get up, meet anni for breakfast, drive to the factory ready for the day. It is a glorious day once again, if anything even hotter than the day before, and the sun shone down from a clear blue sky. Nothing I felt like less doing was sitting in an office talking, listening. We did do a tour of the factory, which involved looking at their paint shot, which meant going in the curing room, which was set to 43 degrees. Jeez that was warm, outside seemed cool. Varde, Denmark

In the afternoon I drive down to Esbjerg to meet with my boss, and give him an update. He has an update for me too, which gives me more than a little to think about. I drive back to Varde, park up, get change and grab my camera and go for a walk around the town. It is a pleasant place, cobbled streets, a church, railway station, an old warf and the usual mix of old a new. The shops in the centre of town seem to be thriving, which is good as the 'shopping mecca' of Esbjerg is just a few kilometres drive away.

Varde, Denmark

Back at the hotel I have dinner on the terrace, sipping local beer whilst I wait for the chilli to arrive. It is a perfect evening, I have the terrace to myself, so I celebrate with a second bottle of beer.

Varde, Denmark

Thursday.

I check out of the hotel, pay the bill, load the car and drive down to Esbjerg for more auditing action. Once again it is a glorious day, and there is nothing I feel like less than being cooped up in the office. At least we finish at three, and so I am free, free to drive to Arhus so I can be in place for the next audit in the morning. Or I would if I could just get the car started. I turn the key for twenty minutes before it bursts into life. I think I know what the reason is, so I am sure if it happened again I could get the car going.

I drive along to Velje, and up the motorway to Arhus and the hotel on the ring road. The car park is nearly empty, so i park near what should be the entrance, but they have the builders in, so the entrance is round the back. And getting to the lifts, restaurant means a long convoluted walk along bland corridors.

I sit outside in the evening sunshine, sipping dark larger and munching on the inevitable burger and fries, which was dinner. Back in my room I can't be bothered with e mails, so listen to some radio for a while, then am in bed for half nine, outside the late evening sunshine still casts shadows through the curtains.

No comments: