Thursday 31 July 2014

Thursday 31st July 2014

Wednesday.

And so I head to the office in Ramsgate, once again in bright sunshine and light winds, which should mean that the monkeys are heading offshore. In fact, their chattering and moaning seems to be much reduced recently, but then I have hardly been there, so what do I know?

Operation "Big Job": day two.

I have the choice of EVERY desk in the office, and so some reason, instead of sitting near a window, I sit at the desk of the HSE guy, and it is stuffy in there. And as the day goes on the atmosphere goes from stuffy to humid to oppressive.

Operation "Big Job": day two.

I work away, cracking the back of creating a new document, all there is to now is to check all 40 plus pages for inaccuracies and errors. That will take up the final two days of the week.

Half three rolls round, and I decide its hot enough. I’m hot enough, so I pack up and head out to the car, where it has warmed up like a locked greenhouse on wheels, which is what it is anyway. I call in at Waitrose so to get something for dinner, thinking there would be something really nice, but I just get some breaded chicken to go with the salad we already have.

Back home at the house, operation Big Job has revealed no new problems, and so we can laugh and joke with the builders, and supply them with beers as they pack up. I guess they have about half the render off the house, the harder half is next, and who knows what wonders they will find on the two extensions?

Operation "Big Job": day two.

We sit outside after dinner, the evening cools and we are joined by the cats who fuss round us now the building work has finished for the day. The light fades and one by one the stars come out. Bats do aerobatics overhead, chasing insects. We call it a day and head to bed.

1 comment:

jelltex said...

Just to let you know, for the 1,000th blog, I have decided it is going to be a 'Desert Island disc' one, in which I will describe the eight most influential tracks of my life, not my favourite, just tracks that remind me of important events.

Can you guess what the eight tracks are? Do you care?

All these questions and more will be answered in due course....