Friday 1 August 2014

Friday 1st August 2014

Thursday

Operation big job continues.

Against my better judgment, I work from home again, and the effect is rather like living in a bass drum as the rendering is drilled off the wall, and the sound bounces off the walls driving me nearly mad, if I wasn’t already.

The cats know better and go and hide all day, leaving me alone with the banging and hammering and drilling.

Operation "Big Job": day 3

More problems are discovered, mostly mortar crumbling away, all of which will have to be replaced as soon as possible, so the rendering can be replaced next month.

Operation "Big Job": day 3

The guys are in good spirits, but then its not their gaff, but they’re getting the work done, which is important, and maybe we will have a quiet weekend, for the most part.

Operation "Big Job": day 3

The day ended in much the same way, I cooked dinner, breaded pork steaks and sautéed potatoes, then we sat in the back garden as the sun set, then had a competition as to who would see the first star come out. It is free entertainment if nothing else.

And so July draws to an end, so quickly, where has the month gone? Screw that, where has the year gone, seven months down and just five to go.

And just eight blogs to go until blog #1,000. Be calm, my beating heart.

No comments: